This is a project I have been working on for the last 3 months. I've been meaning to draw my own interpretation of an older Team Avatar, and also wanted to explore the world of character design.
I probably mentioned this before, but ever since I got into the ATLA fandom, I started working on an AU fan comic which takes place 5 years after the end of the 100 year war. The main plot is still in the making, but as for now, I can only disclose the following details:
1. Sokka and Suki are newlyweds
2. Aang and Katara have been dating for 5 years are facing a critical phase, that causes both of them to question the essence of their relationship.
3. Toph has become the most renowned earthbender throughout the Earth Kingdom. Her metalbending school is now the most desirable institution for those who wish to master the art.
4. As for Zuko - he's still busy running his nation and is secretly trying to find his long lost mother (yes, I don't consider The Search canon at all = ).
5. There are going to be lots of spiritual shenanigans (that also revolve around previous Avatars).
I'll be posting the full character sheets+bios once I'm done editing the basic plotline.
Till then, I hope you all like it
Characters © Bryke/Nickelodeon
Art © Me
Background template by ~Pixilpadaloxicopolis
they all are I love this ^^
This is merely my take on the characters and I'm glad you like it. Thank you so much
Your vision of them as adults is so cool
They all look so awesome and handsome! Though they rather look like ten years grown-up rather than only 5 years ;o
also, it's all right to ignore those stupid comics they call canon now. Bryke was just too lazy to think of somehting themselves, so we can pretend the comics dont exist (:
Despite that, I really adore team Gurihiru's art, and it's a great reference source for me. You can't say that they didn't put an effort, but even so - a new series would have been so much better (then, again, I don't trust Bryke at all. So far I'm not very pleased with their writing in Book 2 of Korra, but we'll just have to see).
And it's not ready yet XD
It's still under heavy development. Once in a while I write more scenes and headcanons, but if I were to draw some of them (or even previews and short comic strips) I'll post them either here or on my tumblr.
So don't worry about that, you'll know when it happens
Thank you for showing interest in my silly stuff
Sadly, I also don't like the style the comics are drawn in... not because it's bad or anything, but to me it's rather unpleasant.
I don't know how much effort Bryke put in those comics, but even in AtLA it's sometimes clearly visible that many things aren't thought through well enough. It's more than unacceptable to introduce the plot with Ursa and then just leave it for the comics to be explored....
but despite the flaws, I love AtLA anyway. (:
your stuff is not silly, its beautiful
I'll be looking forward to it (:
BTW...I love Katara's height compared to Zuko's. I'm just saying